❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥FB & IG@Vannytelly❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥

Mrs. Beautiful Skin 2016/17 Blogger Mom of 2 Beautiful Angels Wifey Fitness Instructor Happy & Contented

Monday, September 18, 2017

Healthy Eating With Quaker

As a fitness enthusiast I always try to choose healthier and eat in moderation. I can openly say that I've never went under any crash or unhealthy diets for years already, or ever since I've started leading a healthy lifestyle. But like every other persons I would have craves for unhealthy food every now and then, after all I am only human right. Even being healthy I do indulge in sweets or occasionally sinful feasting but the trick here is knowing how to balance out the good and the bad. One of my best advise is always to have a healthy breakfast because it is the easiest time to get a healthy meal into your day's diet. Why do I say the easiest time? Most working adults will not have too much luxury time in the morning sitting down for a proper or a large meal, so planning your breakfast ahead not only saves time but also let's you avoid impulsive eating. One of my favorite breakfast item is Oatmeal because it is not only versatile which allows me to prep it in many ways, it is also very nutritious and is a low-calorie food, I likey! My favorite go-to brand is Quaker because who doesn't love a good Quaker Oatmeal right? 


Let me share with you what are the other reasons I love Oatmeal:
  • My top reason is because Oatmeal is low in calories and keeps me full longer! This is great because taking Oatmeal for breakfast will keep my mid-morning hunger pangs or craves at bay.
  • And because of the above reason, it helps to keep my weight in check!
  • It is high in fiber and can help to reduce cholesterol and blood sugar level.
  • Oatmeal is a wholegrain good quality carb that keeps my body feeling energized and alert.
  • And obviously as a breastfeeding Mother, I love that it's a great milk booster!
There are MANY other benefits of eating Oatmeal for breakfast but I won't list it out entirely so you may click here to check out what the other amazing health benefits are. And did I mention that Oatmeal is super yummy and easy to prepare? It is great for busy Moms like me and I'll share with you my two favorite breakfast oatmeal recipes below. Let's check it out!


This is a warm bowl of Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal.
It usually just takes me about 10 minutes or less to prepare, it's really fast!
I used Quaker's Instant Oatmeal to prep this because it cooks really fast, literally in minutes.

Recipe for Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Ingredients (serves 1)

  • ½ cup Quaker Instant Oats
  • 1 cup liquid (skim milk, water)
  • ½ apple, chopped
  • ½ tsp. cinnamon
  • ½ tsp. vanilla
  • 2 Tbsp. raisins (optional)
  • Nuts as toppings (optional)

Instructions

  1. Combine all ingredients in an individual sized microwave-safe bowl.
  2. Microwave for 5 minutes, and allow to cool before adding toppings of your choice.

My other favorite is Overnight Oats.
There are tons of recipes that you can find online but I usually go for the one with the least calorie and less sinful choice - Blueberries and Raisins! Blueberries are packed with antioxidants which helps shield the skin against harmful free radicals that can damage our cells and result in disease. In a nut shell, it is packed with vitamins and great for the skin. Best of all, uber low in calories! Hehe. Here I used Quaker's Rolled Oats for a texture that's chewier and less mushy compared to Instant Oats.

Recipe for Blueberry Raisin Overnight Oats
Ingredients (serves 1)

  • 3/4 cup Quaker Rolled Oats
  • 1/3 cup plain/light Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 TBSP chia seeds (for fibre)
  • 1/2 cup skim milk
  • 1 TBSP flaxseed meal (optional - I add this for extra fibre)
  • 1 packet of sweetener (optional)
  • 1/3 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)

Instructions

  1. Put everything except for the blueberries in a jar or container and stir together with a spoon.
  2. Lightly mix in the blueberries.
  3. Leave in the refrigerator overnight and it will be ready to be served in the morning.


Oatmeal is not only great for us adults, but also for kids! Do check out Quaker Singapore's Facebook page for other interesting and easy recipes. Besides this, I'd also like to share that the Health Promotion Board has recently launched a new campaign that allows you to 'Turn Healthy Habits Into Wins'

How does it work?

  1. Simply download the Healthy 365 App
  2. Choose healthier choice options from participating outlets
  3. Scan QR code on receipt or ticket to collect your health points

Ok

You might be wondering what will the points be good for? Look to the far right screen shot, it earns you points which you can accumulate to redeem vouchers with different amounts from different tiers. Awesome right?? I previously joined the National Step Challenge also initiated by the Health Promotion Board and I earned myself some Fair Price vouchers. Some reward for walking more and moving more. It is really that simple. It is also fun because it encourages me to walk and I check my app on a daily basis to make sure I hit my quota so I could earn more points! Haha.. So the latest Eat, Drink, Shop Healthy Challenge is somewhat similar. Me likey!! Because I get rewarded for something good not only for my health and also for my pocket. LOL! And by the way the challenge period starts from 1 August to 31 October 2017, so hurry download the app today and start collecting your points already!


So back to healthy eating with Quaker. If you're going to get your Quaker at any leading supermarkets, do remember to keep your receipt that prints the QR code for your point accumulation! Because Quaker is a healthier choice product. Double yays! Reminding because sadly the other day I accidentally threw out my receipts and missed out some points. Bummer.

So that's all for today and I hope you liked my review on healthy eating and recipe sharing. Do feel free to leave comments in the comment box below if you have any question/s regarding the topic and I'll try my best to answer them if it's not already stated in my blog above. And that's all for today, bye~! ðŸ™‚

If you'd like to find out more about Quaker and their products visit them at their:
Official website @ https://www.inessastudio.com/

To find out more about the Health Promotion Board and the ongoing/upcoming challenges and programs, do check out: https://www.healthhub.sg/programmes/listing


Healthy life, happy life. ðŸ˜‰

P.S. If you'd like to see my future posts, follow me on Facebook and Instagram...
FB: www.facebook.com/vannytelly/
IG: www.instagram.com/vannytelly/

Thank you for reading my blog, until next time.. : )

7 comments:

  1. Do you know what is covered in junk removal in Aurora?
    These services remove unwanted waste from your property. For instance, you might have just got your home renovated, and there is a lot of debris lying around which needs to be removed. A professional junk removal will have the adequate tools and equipment to make your property waste-free. Junk Removal in Aurora

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the summers approaching, it’s time to clean your facilities from inside out. No stones should be left unturned. TNN Cleaning LLC is providing commercial cleaning services in Minneapolis at affordable rates, and our cleaners are ready to help you clean your facility like new. Give us a call for outstanding services.commercial cleaning services in Minneapolis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know?
    The best time to hire painting services in Streamwood is when the temperature is around 60-70 degrees. This ensures that your paint dries off properly.
    Having various paint colors in your home can have different impacts on your mood. For example, blue and green are great for stress relief. painting services in Streamwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have to move but you do not want to pack your goods? We got you!
    Packing itself is a stressful part of the move, so you can take a step back, and we will take care of it for you.
    We pride ourselves among moving companies in Springfield to provide quality, complete packing services. Moving Companies in Springfield

    ReplyDelete
  5. You might hire an affordable window cleaning service in Abington.
    Here are some interesting facts about window cleaning services:
    The most effective tool used by cleaners for your windows is the squeegee. AFFORDABLE WINDOW CLEANING SERVICE IN Abington

    ReplyDelete
  6. Common bribes ineluctables homogeneous level to do something. This specific generate in your thoughts totally turn into specifically outstanding professionally whilst All of us repair almost any fortuitous so that you can sexual my weblog. immune vitamin c gummies

    ReplyDelete