❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥FB & IG@Vannytelly❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥

Mrs. Beautiful Skin 2016/17 Blogger Mom of 2 Beautiful Angels Wifey Fitness Instructor Happy & Contented

Thursday, March 07, 2019

Mummy Makeover - Breast Augmentation In Singapore_Part 2 On Recovery And FAQs

In part 2 of my Breast Augmentation Journey, I'll be sharing updates on my post-op recovery and FAQs. Before I begin, as I am penning my thoughts down (as of the time I'm typing this) it is #throwback day 13 post-op. I am feeling great and I do already love my new boobs. I've not been wearing any bra (not supposed to actually) and infact I've just tossed out all my underwired bras yesterday after my 12th day post op. Hahahahaha.. It's been my lifelong dream to do so!! Especially so after being a Mom.. 'Cuz I really can't stand wearing anything underwired and uncomfortable!! Argh.. But that's all gone now. Moving on, I'm stocking up on bralettes and I've stocked up on my nipple tapes. Hehe.

[Fast forward....]
Hi this is me with my new body after a month, at my first month post-op check.
Like my new look?? I love!! I feel the size is juz right, full & not too big!

So here's a quick recap on what I've packed and will need post-op.

Must-Packs:
1. Nipple tapes - not supposed to wear bras after surgery
2. Front-buttoned clothes & sleepwear - arms movements will be limited and lifting them will be difficult. So best is to wear front-buttoned clothing so you won't feel pain tryna get into t-shirts.
3. Easy to wear clothing - if you're wearing a top, do get a matching bottom that is also easy to wear. Tugging anything after the surgery will be painful. Else consider front-button or front-tie dresses.

Optionals:
4. Entertainment - I checked into a hotel alone so my iPad was a MUST!! With my chargers and all.
5. Beauty Stuff - brought with me face & eye masks 'cuz I thought its the best time to load up on masking since I vegetate for a few days in the hotel.
6. Snacks - in this case I brought along with me my protein shakes & a box of fruits 'cuz I wanted to have light and simple food. I didn't think I was gonna have big meals after the surgery. And true enough, my chest felt tight I couldn't eat fast/much so I took light foods and smaller meals.


The following FAQs might seem like a really long list, but if you're truly keen in the procedure
I'm sure this would come in handy as they were mostly what I tried to find out and also often asked.

1. Brand of the implants?
Mentor from J&J
2. Will there be a scar after the surgery?
Yes, applying a scar gel may minimize and lighten the scars and is available at Allure for SGD$90+.
3. How long after the surgery can I start to exercise again?
2 weeks post-op: light walking, 4-6 weeks before resuming with other exercises.
4. How long after the surgery can I start to carry my baby again?
2 weeks after, at your comfort level. For me personally I was more comfortable to carry my toddler after more than 2 weeks.
5. How long after the surgery will I be able to continue with my daily activities?
3-5 days later. Some people go to wok 3-5 days post-op, and start driving.
6. How long will I be in pain for?
Depending on individuals. For me it was the worst on the 2nd day after op. To be precise, that night. I felt slight sharp pains near my right armpit whenever I moved so I slept earlier and the next day I felt better and no longer feel that pain.
7. Will I need to wear a compression bra after surgery?
No. A stabilizing band is sufficient.
8. How long to be in the support garment (stabilizing band)?
1-2 weeks; 24 hours a day for the first week and 12 hours a day for the second.
9. Will my breast/cup size drop over time?
No. The implants will not change in size or height after they settle, but if you gain/lose alot of weight it might affect your natural breast tissues hence affecting the overall look of your breasts.
10. What is the possibilities of the implants shifting or being rejected by the body?
Very rare. Once you are well healed the implant should stay in its "pocket".
11. Are there any chances of needing a revision? And what kind of reason is that?
No. The implants are permanent and does not need to be changed for no apparent reason, unless you prefer a change in size.
12. Will the implants ever break/tear? And what are the chances of it?
The implant used is a "gummy bear" implant, it is difficult to rupture and even if it is being cut up there is nothing to "flow" out as the implant is made of cohesive material.
13. Do I need to massage my breasts after surgery?
No but there will be stretching exercises taught to practice on your own and will help with recovery.
14. Is cold compression needed after surgery?
Not necessary.
15. Are there stitches to be removed?
No as they are not visible and will dissolve on its own.
16. Is it okay if I stay off bras after the surgery? Will my boobs start to sag over time if I don't wear bras?
All right to stay off bras, the implants will not sag. Our natural breast tissues might still sag over time as a natural course even if you haven't had a BA done.
17. How often are the post op checks? 
Day 1, Day 12, 1 month, 3 month, 6 month n a year post-op.
18. What type of anesthesia was used? Did you feel nausea?
General Anesthesia (GA). No I did not feel nausea at all.
19. Post-Op Diet; what to avoid?
No seafood, no black fish and Toman fish (those used in Sliced Fish Soup). Try to avoid herbs and supplements as it might contribute to further bruising and swelling. Avoid for minimum 2 weeks, for me I'll try to avoid for a month just to play safe. Oh yes, avoid alcohol for sure. Try not to smoke if you can. I've seen Taiwan news that a lady who did her nose puffed and her nose got infected she had to get revision done.
20. Cost of the surgery
$14753.16. Please go for a consultation as it may cost differently for different sized implants.
It generally cost $15-17K for a BA done at Allure PS.
21. Cost for miscellaneous
$94.16 for a scar gel, about $140 for the ultrasound scan to check whether my breasts were suitable for the surgery.
22. How long did the surgery take?
1-2 hours.
23. How long did you take to wake up after the surgery?
About an hour plus?
24. Is your Hubby okay with it?
Obviously yes. He's okay so long as what I do isn't drastic, like changing my face to look like another person etc. My family members were supportive too. Not entirely thru my BA journey esp at the start but they eventually were okay to the idea.

Important Post-Op Notes:
1. Do not carry heavy stuff
2. No under wired bra for 3 months
3. No strenuous exercise for a month
4. Quick shower for first 1-2 weeks to keep the dressing dry

How Did I Feel?
Surgery day: felt great, no pain no nausea feeling. I could eat right after. Sleep was probably not that great 'cuz I'm not a back sleeper and I had to wake up to tilt my butt (change sides of my butt cheeks) every hour. But overall was feeling great b'cuz I was super happy not feeling nausea at all.
Day 1 Post-Op: Generally felt okay, only painful when I got out of bed. That night was the worst of all the nights as I had a sharp pain near my right armpit when I moved. So I slept it off and I was okay the next day. Went for my first post-op check and Dr. Ho said that everything looked okay so off I went. Getting out and about was okay but I feel walking slowly would help b'cuz I felt slightly exhausted when I walked abit faster.

Day 2: Same feeling waking up, the super achy feeling on my chest. Defo couldn't get up using my arms to support 'cuz was painful so I usually placed my butt off the bed and propped myself up as my butt got nearer to the floor. Other than that, I was feeling okay I could move around my hotel room and take photos etc. Eating was slightly more challenging on day 1 & 2 post op as I felt as though my food couldn't pass thru my throat & chest area. Small bites and light food are advisable.

Day 3-5: Same, still using the "butt-sliding" method to get up from bed. Other times I feel okay. So long as I do not exert my chest muscles I'm okay. I took a shower and washed my hair once during one of these days. It was not a pleasant experience 'cuz my neck and shoulder almost broke from bending over washing. Should have just wait to get it washed at the salon. Anyways I checked out of hotel on day 5 and went home to my kids. Thankfully none of them asked for me to carry them. Was so worried my 19-month old would cry to be carried but surprisingly alls well. I slept with her that night using a pillow to separate us just incase she unconsciously rolled over and up me while asleep.

Day 6-11: Pretty much felt the same; slight pain getting up and feel okay the rest of the time. I guess when I got nearer to day 10 I felt lesser pain getting up. I think by day 10 I could lightly use my arms to prop myself up from a lying position. But I still chose to use the "butt-sliding" method 'cuz it defo feels less painful/tight 'cuz I won't exert my chest muscles. Exerting my chest muscles at any time still does hurt abit. Still feel really tight in my chest and sometimes it feels hard to take deep breaths. Have been trying not to sneeze, thankfully I did not. Eating is sometimes uncomfortable especially when I take bigger mouths of food. So take tiny mouths and it'll be fine. Took this pic above on day 10, SO IN LOVE with my new boobies... Hahaha I know it sounds strange and even though it's not at its best yet, I'm already loving my new size!! FYI, when I don't wear clothes it looks very full and quite big, but in actual fact when I am fully clothes I look like a person with regular sized boobs. I basically juz filled up my cup. Very happy about it!

Day 12: Went for my second post-op check and had my bandages removed. Wound is all healed up and Dr. Ho says everything looked great. My tattoo did not get distorted though he did mention before the op that it would at the first letter of the word under my boob. I guess he managed to save my tatt. And that night I showered like a normal person for the first time since surgery. Prior to that I did bathe lah, but b'cuz I wanted to keep my dressing dry I bathed in two parts - washing my face & upper body at the basin then the rest of my lower half in the shower. When I bathed my arms accidentally brushed past my side boob and it actually felt quite weird but a good weird way. Secretly feeling happy. Hahahaha..

Day 13: (its 15th Jan, as I am writing my thoughts out for the first 13 days): I am finally feeling almost normal and better. I can get up from a flat-lying position pretty normally but I still choose to get up slowly. You will never be too careful eh? Started applying scar gel to my healed wound and one more day to stop using my stabilizing band. My boobs look alot better as they're no longer that swollen and doesn't look so high-and-hanging-up-there. When I wear bralettes I look great!! Happy thus far 'cuz I've never been able to wear bralettes as I've always looked horrible in them, i.e. small & shapeless. Oh yes I sneezed while writing this and it was not a nice feeling. *rolls eye* FYI, til date I still feel sensitivity in my nipples. Some parts of my boob feel lightly numb but most of it feels okay. I tried to lightly squeeze my boob and it doesn't feel pain. The only discomfort comes from the sensitivity.

Day 16:
Tried carrying my toddler (she's 12kg btw) for the first time, did it really carefully like hugging her from a seated position then standing up. No pain which is great, but chest still feels weird from the pressure.
Day 17: Back-carried my toddler for the first time on my baby-carrier, felt okay but after some time it did feel uncomfortable on the sides of my chest muscles.
Day 19: IDK why I suddenly felt like my boobs felt softer today. It is not entirely soft but the outer parts of it finally felt softer all round. Plus i did my first exercises today; x3 sets of body weight squats. I was exhausted and out of stamina, *cries*****.. I hope to regain my fitness levels again once I am cleared to exercise on a regular basis again. Anyways my right nipple felt almost normal but the left still feels sensitive. Overall seems like my left is recovering slight sower than my right and I am guessing its b'cuz my left boob is bigger. Which I guess is normal b'cuz the bigger ones usually swell longer, or if you had a bigger implant.

Day 24: Today I went out for a fitness shoot and I did some jumping & short running movements. I do feel something in my chest but it was okay, mostly tightness and not so much pain. Took it slow but at least I am feeling much better by now. Wondering when will I totally not feel the tightness in my chest.. *hmm* The night after I actually tried to get into a tricep pushup or Chaturanga position to see if I was ready to even start yoga, but nope... Juz getting into position made me feel like it was a wrong move. It didn't hurt like mad 'cuz I didn't allow myself to but that 2 seconds was already rather uncomfortable.. Gosh, am getting fatter day by day.. whhheeennn can I start exercising normally again.. *rolls eyes*

1 Month Post-Op: Went for my third post-op check today and everything was great. Dr. Ho says that everything looked in place; i.e. my boob shape, the placement of the implants, and my scar. I've to go back to Allure a few more times this year and its all just for routine checks.

(BEFORE)

(AFTER - 6 weeks post-op)

What do you think? *wink wink*
I think C is a perfect size for me. Not too big, and not too small, just the right fullness and I still get to workout as normal without it hindering my movements. But I guess it'll take me longer than just this one month before I can resume exercises involving my chest muscles.

I know there are many Moms in the same position as me, dreaming of perfect boobs after having children and breastfeeding them. And not everyone can or dares to pursue this dream. I am not saying that this will def help you feel more confident (but it did for me, for sure) and neither am I saying that I recommend going under the knife. But after reading my blog posts and if you are already considering going for a BA and this helps you make informed decisions, I'll be happy to help answer any other questions if they are not already in my blog post, or my IG, and IG highlights. Yes please also visit my IG to see more.. I actually had my day to day recovery on IGS and its all on my highlights. (My IG link below) 

That's all for today & I hope that this sharing session has been informative. Everything written in my blog is based on my true experiences and my purpose is to pen down as much as I can hoping to help other like-minded ladies. I'll be ending my BA journey sharing here but do feel free to leave comments in the comment box below if you have any question/s regarding the topic and I'll try my best to answer them if it's not already stated in my blog above. Stay tuned for more reads on my blog, bye for now~! ; )

If you'd like to see some short videos about my BA journey and post-op updates, be sure to check out my Insta Highlights on my profile.. click here for my IG. If you missed out on part 1 of my BA journey aka Mummy Makeover post, click here to read.


I've also uploaded more post op recovery vlogs on my YouTube channel, click here to watch!


P.S. If you'd like to see my future posts, follow me on Facebook and Instagram...

4 comments:

  1. My partner and i really understudy your converse. Blesss therefore numerous, furthermore a fair website synchronous propitious information within it. vitamin c gummies for toddlers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breast Implant in Cape Town, South Africa


    This procedure is a great option for women who are self-conscious about their smaller breasts or breasts that have diminished owing to nursing or ageing. Breast Implant Cape Town is utilized to boost a patient's self-esteem while also improving and providing a larger breast size. Call on 079-033-9082


    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post. It was very interesting and meaningful. I really appreciate it! Keep updating stuffs like this. 

    Regards,
    Mummy Make Over Surgery

    ReplyDelete